The Senior Manager, Communications Europe, is responsible for managing the delivery of internal and external communication activities for Corporate Manufacturing and Corporate Functions across Europe. In addition, the scope also includes Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), Internal Communication activities and Trade Show and Events in the region.
Providing strategic communication advice to the regional leaders, the role holder identify business requirements and translate into specific communications strategies. The scope covers leading the 5 Manufacturing Site Communication Business Partners along with the Business Partners supporting CSR, Internal Communications and Events & Trade Shows.
• Act as a strategic communications partner for leaders within the region and translate business needs into strategic objectives and communications requirements.
• Integrate Corporate Communications strategies, frameworks and policies into the region.
• Develop strategic communication plans, detailing the defined objectives, resources, responsibilities and timeframes.
• Ensure regional communication strategies are aligned Corporate Communications direction.
• Manage the Manufacturing Communications Business Partners to deliver a responsive service that supports the Licence to Operate, promotes CSR and positions SABIC as a responsible operator and employer of choice in the local communities.
• Direct and ensure exemplary execution of Events and Trade Shows within the region.
• Member of the Regional Crisis Management Team and implement crisis communications, including acting as spokesperson if required.
• Coach leaders with media and public interactions in line with SABIC Brand Guidelines.
• Manage, coach and develop team members to optimize performance and enhance career opportunities.
• Masters Degree in Business Communications, or related subject.
• Minimum 10 years’ professional experience in communications either in a corporate or agency environment.
• Extensive and demonstrated experience in building business and other key stakeholder relationships.
• Seasoned professional in developing strategic plans and strategies with a record of accomplishment of implementation and delivery.
• Proven ability to develop and lead cross-functional teams.
• Experience of working in a matrix organization with working with different different cultures.
• Strong people management and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent communication, presentation and influencing skills.
• Ability to operate within a dynamic and fast paced environment with often conflicting priorities.
• The role holder will be a key player in the region and will be required to challenge and influence senior leadership in communications matters to protect the SABIC brand and reputation internally and externally.
For more information, please contact Ingrid Schellens, Recruiter, tel +31 646103085.
The role will be posted internally and externally and closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 5th October 2018, with first stage interviews Thursday 11th October 2018.
Important notice: please be informed that a reference check, an employment verification and E-assessment is be part of our recruitment process. A Certificate of Good Conduct can be requested depending the level of the role in our organization and/or function, allowing us to request dependant of local regulations.
Responses from employment agencies will not be considered.
People who can
We’ve always believed that it takes special people to make a difference. They need ingenuity, brilliance and the freedom to turn their ideas into reality. At SABIC, this is our culture. We find open-minded, gifted and questioning people. Then we create the conditions for their talent to flourish: fulfilling work environments, state-of-the-art technology and the empowerment they need. So when you work for SABIC, you’re the person who can find new solutions and possibilities that change the world for the better.
SABIC, headquartered in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia), is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of Petrochemicals, Specialties, Agri-Nutrients, and Metals. We supply these materials to other companies, who use them to make products on which the world has come to depend. At SABIC, we believe in using chemistry to power the ambitions of our customers, business partners, employees and societies we live in. We call this “CHEMISTRY THAT MATTERS™”.
In Europe, SABIC employs over 5,000 professionals and is running 6 world-scale production sites and 4 technology & innovation centers. We are present in almost every European country. Major locations within our broad network of innovation, production and marketing are: Teesside (UK), Cartagena (Spain), Gelsenkirchen (Germany), Geleen (Netherlands) Bergen op Zoom (The Netherlands) and Genk (Belgium). Based upon this strong fundament, we are a key producer of olefins, polyolefins, engineering thermoplastics resins, films and sheets. Discover more at sabic.com/careers.
Apply fort his job!
If you are interested in this position and you would like to apply please send your CV and motivation letter via our online application page.