Do you like to explain investment ideas, research and market developments to a broader audience? Do you have a background in financial journalism or investment writing? Then you may be the person to bring the analysis and views of our experts to life as an investment writer.
Your impact as investment writer
Investment writers publish regularly on a wide range of economic topics, from sustainable investing in emerging markets to central bank policy and electric cars. The articles, interviews, research papers, podcasts and other publications you will work on are key to informing (potential) clients through our website, sales teams, investor platforms and other media.
Explaining complicated ideas to a broad audience is one of your strengths. You keep up with economic and market developments to help find investment themes to cover. You also develop a good sense of the key topics and research discussed across the investment teams you will work with.
• You take the lead in creating stories with our portfolio managers, analysts and executives, and you challenge them when needed to make their story relevant and appealing to our audience.
• You are creative in capturing the reader’s interest and conveying the message as concisely as possible. You are persistent and ask the right questions to pin down the essence of a story.
• You are flexible and prioritize when necessary as story ideas come and go.
• You work with other teams within marketing to distil the message for social media and other platforms.
• You can meet deadlines in a pressurized environment and manage stakeholder expectations.
Who you are
• You are a financial journalist or investment writer with at least 5-10 years of experience
• You have a good understanding of fixed income and/or equities
• You have a native or near-native command of English and excellent writing skills. Dutch language skills are a plus
The Content team at NN Investment Partners creates investment content and sales collateral. The team consists of seven members and is part of the Marketing department. The selection process may include a writing test.
It is important to us that you continue to develop yourself. We give you the space and the confidence to grow in your career as well as a person. We help you with:
• Plenty of training and learning opportunities in our Learning & Development Centre
• A large (international) network of colleagues who are keen to share their knowledge with you
• The autonomy to set out your own development path
You are more than a colleague and that is something we understand very well. You have many roles in life, leading to different choices. We give you the opportunity to select employee benefits that are important to you. For instance, buying additional leave days and flexible working hours. In consultation with your manager and your direct colleagues, you are able to work out of any location at any time. You get enough flexibility to adjust your working pattern to your personal needs. Also, part of the benefits are (currently online) sports lessons and a special allowance to set up your home office and internet use. In addition, you will receive:
• Collective pension scheme with a personal contribution of only 6%
• 194.4 hours of leave, based on a 36-hour week (that’s 27 vacation days for a 5-day working week) and one Diversity Day
• Holiday allowance and a 13th month, paid with your monthly salary
• NS Business Card 2nd class, which gives you unlimited travel 7 days a week. Do you prefer to travel with your own transport? Then you can declare the kilometres travelled for business and commuting
We combine working from home and working in the office. Teams can meet online or in person. You and your team agree on what suits you best. We have set up our offices in such a way that there is a suitable place for every type of work. The official location for this job is The Hague.
As of 11 April 2022, NN Investment Partners is part of Goldman Sachs Group Inc. If you have any questions about the vacancy, you can reach out via phone to Jurjen van de Pol, Head of Content, via +31 88 670 6141. If you have any questions about the process, you can reach out via email to email@example.com.
You can apply via https://nn-careers.com/nl/en/job/REQ2678860/Investment-writer.
This is a permanent position. We are not open to interim/freelance assignments and/or candidates or recruitment agencies.