We are looking for a :
Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Vermilion Energy the Netherlands B.V. has an excellent opportunity for a Communications Representative. A communications representative for Vermilion is working in an challenging but very rewarding environment. Things move at a fast pace within Vermilion and there is a lot of room to develop and implement new ideas. This job is not for the faint of heart, but if you are looking for a communications challenge, this is definitely the job for you.
This position will report directly to the External Affairs Manager. This position will be responsible for Vermilion’s external communications activities for ongoing activities and for capital investment projects (both brownfield and greenfield) and to make sure that the messages that Vermilion wants to send externally are consistent, transparent, clear, cohesive and aligned to the mission, vision and strategy of the company.
• This role is based in Amsterdam, with frequent travel to Harlingen and other parts of the Netherlands.
• The position is a part time role for 32 hours per week. (0,8 FTE)
• The candidate must be fluent in Dutch and English
Position Key Responsibilities
• Refine and execute a Netherlands Business Unit (NBU) communication strategy
• Proactively tell Vermilions story
• Act as Vermilion NBU spokesperson
• Build a solid network with relevant media and journalists
• Redevelop and maintain Vermilion’s NBU website
• Write and edit content for external publications and use stories as a way to get the key messages across
• Work closely with the Human Resources to align external communication with internal messages.
• Write, edit, review and publish press releases
• Develop, maintain and implement communications tactics that support Vermilion’s communications strategies
• Assist staff to improve their communication skills and provide tools to help staff convey consistent messages
• Identify opportunities to enhance awareness of Vermilion’s programs and outcomes with employees, local media and community stakeholders
Attributes & Characteristics:
• Degree or diploma in Communications, Journalism, Graphic/Design or a related field
• Strong communication skills, superior writing, editing and storytelling skills for a variety of media, including print, web, and social media
• An understanding of communications planning principles, brand management and positioning
• Proven capacity for initiative and strong project management with an ability to meet deadlines
• Proven ability to work well with people at different levels of the organization
• Proven ability to work well under pressure
• A technical background is an asset
Essential Experience & Skills
• Self-driven with proven ability to work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team
• High attention to detail
• Willingness to travel within the Netherlands – driver’s license required
• Ability to set priorities and multi-task
• Strong computer skills including proficiency in MS Office and PowerPoint.
• Flexible and adaptable.
• Netherlands based office, international company, headquartered in Alberta, Canada
• Diverse asset base in Europe, Australia, US and Canada
• 20-year history of market outperformance
• Great Place to Work Certified in the Netherlands for the sixth consecutive year.
• Challenging and inspiring environment that embraces teamwork and collaboration
• Strong community investment and committed to giving back to the communities where our people live and work
Vermilion is committed to ensuring we conduct our activities in a manner that will protect the health and safety of our employees, contractors and the public. Our HSE vision is to fully integrate Health, Safety and Environment into our business, where our culture is recognized as a model by industry and stakeholders, resulting in a healthy workplace free of incidents. All positions at Vermilion require a commitment to high levels of excellence in respect to HSE, reinforcing our corporate Core Values of Excellence, Trust, Respect, and Responsibility.
To apply for the position, please follow the instructions via our online application page.
Posting Close Date: Until a suitable Candidate is identified
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.
Keywords: Communications, Jounalism, Graphic/Design, Brand Management